The City Centre is Turned into an ECOC Cinema
As part of the Veszprém European Capital of Culture 2023 bid programme, Óváros tér was turned into an open-air street cinema for the last days of the summer.
The selection for the programme included European films that focus on problems shared by us all. Before the shows there were presentations on and discussions of the issues raised in the films, delivered by well-known personalities from the sphere of culture and Ambassadors for Veszprém’s ECOC programme.
Beside giving people food for thought, the aim of the initiative is to introduce street cinema as an event type in Veszprém and encourage all citizens to organise similar community programmes in the town, to shape and mold our town into something that we would like to see here. By providing good examples, our aim is to introduce Europe to Veszprém, and not only the other way round.
– 19:30 APerfect Day/ Spanish drama film
– 21:30 FindingYourFeet/ British film;
– 19:30 In Darkness /AusdemNichts/ German-French crime story
– 21:30 Rams /Hrútar/ Icelandic drama film;
– 19:30 The OtherSide of Hope / Toivontuollapuolen/ Finnish crime comedy
– 21:30 The Square/ Swedish-German-French-Danish drama film;
– 19:30 See You Up Above /Aurevoirlá-haut/ French drama film
– 21:30 It’s Only the End of the World/Justela fin du monde / Canadian-French drama